This course is intended for SENCos, or staff who may become SENCos in all primary schools. Academies and independent schools are warmly welcomed.
Please note that this session is not suitable for nurseries or Early Years Settings.
Each term the latest news and issues related to special educational needs are discussed. Visiting speakers are invited to share what they can offer, or to talk about new research or developments in SEND. There is also a good opportunity for SENCos to talk together and share good practice and issues which they have encountered.
The Spring SENCo Network will include:
- Local and national SEND updates
- A focus on assessment and provision for Communication and Interaction
- Practical activities related to SEND processes, RfI, EHCAR, Transfer to EHCP, Annual Review
- Networking opportunities
As a result of attending, delegates should:
- Fully understand how to make best provision in school for pupils with SEND, in line with latest legislation.
- Be able to refine their workload to meet priorities
- Understand the strategic role of the SENCo and feel empowered to share this information back in school.
- Have access to relevant resources and to a wider network of Local Authority and peer practitioner support across the Local Area
Customers will be provided with tea/coffee on arrival, mid-morning and lunchtime. Please bring your own lunch. Please note the advertised time is the time that the event is due to start – refreshments will be available from 30 mins prior to this time. We recommend that you book your place on this event as soon as possible to ensure a place is available, and so that suitable resources and any special dietary requirements can be provided for you. We know that if you have booked onto an event you will usually have arranged cover and be looking forward to the day. However, if circumstances change and you find you will be unable to attend a session you are booked onto please cancel via www.nyeducationservices.co.uk as soon as possible.