Reach for the Stars! By uniting technology, education, your environment and you! At NYES, we understand that the potential and success of schools is never reached by just concentrating on one factor but by focusing on several key factors together:
The festival is the place for new learning. With a focus on exploring the use of technology in the classroom, inspiring and motivating interaction with pupils, and some amazing innovation and practical ideas for schools we can guarantee it is a day not to be missed.
- using and realising the potential of technology to create smarter ways of working to reduce workloads and time
- applying innovative methods of learning to improve outcomes in education
- making sure that the environment you work in is conducive to creativity and experimentation
- and most importantly ensuring you have the best physical and mental health and wellbeing
An exciting, vibrant day with a host of leading speakers, engaging workshops with experts and industry leading partners and stimulating breakout sessions. Meet your suppliers in the Marketplace to discuss your needs and talk through the exciting plans of the services. Confirmed speakers:
MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED Workshops from the speakers will also run throughout the day as well as sessions by our own in house experts . Alternatively, take part in a maths Hackaton with the University of Teesside, or take some time to enjoy a samba drumming workshop or have a mini MOT...the choice is yours!
- Tim Buckle, Chimp Management- a proven and successful mind management model, The Chimp Model, helps both pupils and professionals become happier, healthier, more confident and successful. Based on the 3 teams in the brain: You (The Human), The Chimp and The Computer.
- Dr Alison Clark-Wilson, UCL Institute of Education - leads the research programme for the UCL EDUCATE project, which aims to build better educational technology by enabling developers, educational researchers, schools and learners to work more closely together.
- Michael Forshaw, Edtech Impact - a free independent school-led marketplace that provides a candid view on which tools are performing well. The impact and future of edtech will be discussed, and the Edtech Impact Platform will be introduced allowing schools trial and feedback about Edtech software.
- Deputy Mitchell - a former Headteacher, now an Educational Consultant and blogger, with a proven improved attainment of SATS in writing (from 9% in July 2009 to 60% in July 2010) by encouraging pupils to write and publish blogs.
- Century Tech - an award-winning teaching and learning platform for primary and secondary schools, colleges and universities. Providing an exploration into AI software for use in schools, proven to significantly increase learning outcomes and reduce teacher workloads.
Refreshments and lunch will be provided on the day Further updates and agendas will be uploaded here and emailed out Follow us on social media #NYESIF19
The Innovation Festival invites all CEOs, CFOs, Headteachers, Deputy Headteachers, SBMs and Teachers to celebrate and explore the future of education.