Please bring a recommended read and come prepared to talk about how you have worked with the whole class teaching of reading
Each meeting includes essential updates, an invaluable chance to meet and to talk with other subject leaders and high quality training designed to be taken back into schools. The Network offers the opportunity for English subject leaders, or their representatives, to meet 3 times over the academic year.
The standing Agenda is:
- National updates
- Local updates
- Strategies to improve teaching and learning
- Information and approaches to support effective subject leadership and the development of English.
- Integrating literacy across the curriculum and maximising the quality of teaching and learning
- Embedding new assessment strategies to effectively measure and track progress within the revised assessment framework.
Delegates will have the opportunity to
- Share expertise and learn from each other.
- Develop subject knowledge as well as consider knowledge and skills relating to leadership and management.
- Be updated about current issues and developments
Refreshments will be available from 09:15 for the course to commence at 09:30 Customers will be provided with tea/coffee on arrival, mid-morning and lunchtime. Lunch will be provided We recommend that you book your place on this event as soon as possible to ensure a place is available, and so that suitable resources and any special dietary requirements can be provided for you. We know that if you have booked onto an event you will usually have arranged cover and be looking forward to the day. However, if circumstances change and you find you will be unable to attend a session you are booked onto please cancel via www.nyeducationservices.co.uk as soon as possible. You will not be expected to incur the course fee if Ofsted are inspecting your school on the date of the event. However, if a place is cancelled for any other reason schools will be charged the full fee if a place is cancelled within 21 days of the event. Please be aware that some venues will not be able to honour requests for special requirements (e.g. dietary) if you have not booked a place more than 10 days before an event/network. If you have any questions, please call 01609 798864 or email email@example.com