- Key note presentation on effective practice within federations
- Setting up your own support network – learning from the west
- Overview of the Funded Federation Development Programme
- An opportunity to visit 2 workshops case studying research projects in NY federations
- Exploration of effective governance of more than one school
- Question and answer session to a panel
- A conference handbook including case studies from the Federation Development Programme
- Signpost to useful resources and training.
A best practice dissemination event developed by North Yorkshire School Improvement Service in partnership with Executive Headteachers of the federations in the west of North Yorkshire, funded by a teaching school alliance.
Practical solutions to some of the challenges of leading more than one school; Learning from case studies of best practice in NY federations; Exploring leadership tools for federation improvement.
Refreshments on arrival, mid-morning and lunch will be provided. We recommend that you book your place on this event as soon as possible to ensure a place is available, and so that suitable resources and any special dietary requirements can be provided for you. We know that if you have booked onto an event you will usually have arranged cover and be looking forward to the day. However, if circumstances change and you find you will be unable to attend a session you are booked onto please cancel via www.nyeducationservices.co.uk as soon as possible. You will not be expected to incur the course fee if Ofsted are inspecting your school on the date of the event. However, if a place is cancelled for any other reason schools will be charged the full fee if a place is cancelled within 21 days of the event. Please be aware that some venues will not be able to honour requests for special requirements (e.g. dietary) if you have not booked a place more than 10 days before an event/network. If you have any questions, please call 01609 798864 or email email@example.com
Executive headteachers and Primary School Headteachers; Federation governors; Senior school leaders of collaborations / federations; Local Authority advisers supporting federations.