This course is intended for teachers who are new to the role of SENCo. It is designed to help maximise the effectiveness of the SENCo role in school. It will take you on a journey from early identification of pupils with SEND to conducting an annual review.
The induction will include:
- Who is who and who does what in North Yorkshire –where and how to obtain help and support
- A focus on Chapter 6 of the SEN Code of Practice and the Graduated Response
- Take you on a SEN journey from early identification to conducting annual reviews. Taking you through the processes and required paperwork
- Signpost you to where to obtain the wealth of information available to help you undertake your role
- Opportunities to network with other SENCos.
As a result of attending, delegates should:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the SENCo
- Know how to make the best provision in school for pupils with SEND, in line with latest legislation, particularly the SEN Code of Practice.
- Be able to identify CYP with SEN and understand the Assess, Plan, Do and Review process of the Graduated Response.
- Understand what the provision is available with the authority and make appropriate referrals.
- Understand the processes from early identification of SEN to conducting annual reviews.
Customers will be provided with tea/coffee on arrival, mid-morning and with lunch. Lunch will be provided. We recommend that you book your place on this event as soon as possible to ensure a place is available, and so that suitable resources and any special dietary requirements can be provided for you. We know that if you have booked onto an event you will usually have arranged cover and be looking forward to the day. However, if circumstances change and you find you will be unable to attend a session you are booked onto please cancel via www.nyeducationservices.co.uk as soon as possible. You will not be expected to incur the course fee if Ofsted are inspecting your school on the date of the event. However, if a place is cancelled for any other reason schools will be charged the full fee if a place is cancelled within 21 days of the event. Please be aware that some venues will not be able to honour requests for special requirements (e.g. dietary) if you have not booked a place more than 10 days before an event/network. If you have any questions, please call 01609 798864 or email email@example.com
Primary and Secondary - NOT settings/early years