- A half day course
- National and Local Updates
- Current legislation and procedures
- Supporting transitions to school
- Access to relevant resources
- Practical skills in meeting the needs of children with SEND
- Practical strategies for Language and Communication Development
- Latest news and practice
This course is intended for Special Educational Needs Co-ordinators (SENCos) or staff who may become SENCos in all Early Years settings including childminders. School SENCos who would like to keep up-dated on Early Years Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) are also warmly welcomed. Each term the latest news and issues related to SEND are discussed. Specialist speakers are invited to share what they can offer or to talk about new research or developments in SEND. In some sessions practical workshops are offered around meeting the needs of children with SEND. The networks offer a good opportunity for SENCos to talk together and share good practice and issues which they have encountered within their role.
As a result of attending, delegates should:
- understand how to make best provision in school for pupils with SEND, in line with latest legislation and practice
- have ongoing understanding of the strategic role of the SENCo and feel empowered to share this information back in their settings
- have access to relevant resources and to a wider network of Local Authority and peer practitioner support across the local area
- increase their practical skills in meeting the needs of children with SEND
This course will be advertised through North Yorkshire Education Services and can be booked online.
Child minders, Early Years settings, North Yorkshire Primary Schools, academies, non-North Yorkshire schools , out of area schools can all attend.