This course is recommended for both new head teachers, without an Early Years specialism, and those heads wishing to deepen their understanding of the EYFS. It may also be of interest to members of the SLT or governing body wishing to find out more about the EYFS.The day will explore the current priorities and support the head teacher’s role in quality assuring and further developing a high quality EYFS provision, as well as managing your inspection. Early Years has been a particular focus for inspections in North Yorkshire.
This course will support head teachers to manage the inspection of their Early Years confidently. Current priorities in the Early Years
What does good/outstanding look like in the Early Years?
- Priorities and current focus
- Recent publications and policies changes
Progress, attainment and assessment in the Early Years
- How is it judged?
- How can we achieve it?
Monitoring and evaluation of the Early Years
- What is typical progress? The importance of starting points assessments
- Attainment – expected levels and gaps
- What you would expect to see Best practice in observational assessment in the Early Years
- Exploring strategies to support SLT in monitoring and evaluating the quality of the Early Years within school
As a result of attending, delegates should:
- Understand the key priorities in Early Years within Primary education
- Recognise what outstanding practice looks like
- Be able to quality assure and development plan to improve outcomes in the EYFS
- Feel confident in managing the inspection of the EYFS in school
Customers will be provided with tea/coffee on arrival, mid-morning and lunchtime. Lunch will be provided. We recommend that you book your place on this event as soon as possible to ensure a place is available, and so that suitable resources and any special dietary requirements can be provided for you. We know that if you have booked onto an event you will usually have arranged cover and be looking forward to the day. However, if circumstances change and you find you will be unable to attend a session you are booked onto please cancel via www.nyeducationservices.co.uk as soon as possible. You will not be expected to incur the course fee if Ofsted are inspecting your school on the date of the event. However, if a place is cancelled for any other reason schools will be charged the full fee if a place is cancelled within 21 days of the event. Please be aware that some venues will not be able to honour requests for special requirements (e.g. dietary) if you have not booked a place more than 10 days before an event/network. If you have any questions, please call 01609 798864 or email firstname.lastname@example.org