This course aims to support in the self-evaluation and action planning process and is intended for childminders and Early Years settings seeking to secure a good judgement in an Ofsted inspection. There will be the opportunity to reflect upon the inspection criteria for good.
The topics covered include:
- why only good or better is good enough for children in the EYFS;
- judgements made by inspectors, exploring the Early Years Inspection Handbook;
- key drivers for improvement and how to relates these to your own setting;
- how to plan, deliver and evaluate improvements;
- outcomes for children narrowing the attainment gap and providers' role in this, challenging more able children, monitoring and identifying weaknesses;
As a result of attending, delegates should:
- Understand why only good or better is good enough for children in the EYFS;
- Have gained a clear understanding of what makes a setting good;
- Recognise where your provision is in relation to current inspection requirements through self evaluation;
- Be able to draw up an action plan to achieve a good judgement.
Customers will be provided with tea/coffee on arrival, mid-morning and lunchtime. Please bring your own lunch. We recommend that you book your place on this event as soon as possible to ensure a place is available, and so that suitable resources and any special dietary requirements can be provided for you. We know that if you have booked onto an event you will usually have arranged cover and be looking forward to the day. However, if circumstances change and you find you will be unable to attend a session you are booked onto please cancel via www.nyeducationservices.co.uk as soon as possible. You will not be expected to incur the course fee if Ofsted are inspecting your school on the date of the event. However, if a place is cancelled for any other reason schools will be charged the full fee if a place is cancelled within 21 days of the event. Please be aware that some venues will not be able to honour requests for special requirements (e.g. dietary) if you have not booked a place more than 10 days before an event/network. If you have any questions, please call 01609 798864 or email email@example.com