This course aims to support in the self-evaluation and action planning process and is intended for childminders and Early Years settings seeking to secure a good judgement in an Ofsted inspection. There will be the opportunity to reflect upon the inspection criteria for good.
The topics covered include:
- why only good or better is good enough for children in the EYFS;
- judgements made by inspectors, exploring the Early Years Inspection Handbook;
- key drivers for improvement and how to relates these to your own setting;
- how to plan, deliver and evaluate improvements;
- outcomes for children narrowing the attainment gap and providers' role in this, challenging more able children, monitoring and identifying weaknesses;
As a result of attending, delegates should:
- Understand why only good or better is good enough for children in the EYFS;
- Have gained a clear understanding of what makes a setting good;
- Recognise where your provision is in relation to current inspection requirements through self evaluation;
- Be able to draw up an action plan to achieve a good judgement.
In order to ensure that the service can be delivered as effectively and efficiently as possible we ask that customers observe the following: Late Bookings If a customer decides not to book until within 5 weeks of a published date (or 6 weeks for accredited programmes) please note that special requirements (e.g. dietary) may not be able to be honoured by the venue, and any hardcopy materials distributed on the day(s) may have to be forwarded. Refreshments Customers will be provided with tea/coffee on arrival, mid-morning and mid-afternoon. Please bring your own lunch. Cancellations If you are unable to attend please cancel via SmartSolutions online as soon as possible. We reserve the right to charge for places cancelled within 5 weeks of an event (or 6 weeks for accredited programmes). The cancellation charge equates to the published charge. The cancellation fee may be waived if an OFSTED Inspection is underway on the confirmed booking date and an alternative date cannot be offered.