This course will improve your understanding of the policies, terms and conditions and legislation that governs the employment of staff in your school, to enable you to review current practice, and make informed decisions for effective management of staff. Be aware of the risks and the wriggle room, and how to avoid getting it wrong.
Please complete the on line training on equalities
This course is suitable for Headteachers, Business Managers, and Senior leadership with responsibility for organising and managing staff.
Cancellation Policy Should you find that a representative of your school is unable to attend any event on which you have booked a place, please send a cancellation via Smart Solutions as soon as possible. This may allow your place to be offered to another person. We reserve the right to charge schools for places booked if the delegate fails to attend an event without sending a cancellation within 7 working days of an event. The cancellation charge equates to the published rate for the event. In exceptional circumstances the cancellation charge may be waived this is at the discretion of the specific Head of Traded Service.
- Understand the different types of contract of employment, and how to vary the contract to adapt to changing priorities
- Understand the Terms and Conditions of employment for teachers and support staff, and review current practice
- Take a proactive approach to manage absence and improve attendance
- Overview of key policies and employment legislation, including equalities, family friendly policies, and recent developments in employment law
By the end of the course you will:
- know which contract to use when making appointments, and how to vary the contract if required
- understand the key terms and conditions for teachers and support staff
- have an overview of attendance management, and the policies relating to a range of family friendly policies and absence from work, and how to access detailed guidance
- have an overview of key policies and legislation that impact upon the decisions that you make in relation to employment of staff, and know when to seek advice.
Lunch will be provided. Delegates will be charged in full if your place is cancelled 5 weeks or less before the start date.